- Bib Overalls
Professional Overall - Smoke
For the past 13 years Rosies Workwear has been trying coveralls and overalls on women all over the country. Most of our design improvements and inspirations come from women we meet at various garden, farming, horse, construction, and DIY trade shows we attend. We always try to make time to listen to women’s stories and needs. It’s what fuels us!
These overalls came directly from the input of women like you. Women who called, emailed, or stopped by to share with us. When we did our first field testing on these overalls we were shocked how quickly we filled up the pages of our pre-order forms!
These overalls are work beasts. They are made for professionals. Women who wear them day in and day out. They are neutral-yet-classy enough to be worn as uniforms. The dark, earthy, grey hides dirt and grime really well.
Imagine working hard in the sun, leading a team of landscapers, then, being able to walk confidently over to greet your clients, who drop by in suits. This is that kind of outfit.
Some of the changes we made:
· We toughened up the fabric and made it water resistant (for accidental sprays).
· We reinforced the knees and clipper pockets with nylon.
· We added loops for hammers and a d-ring (for those must-have glasses/sunglasses).
· We added even more useful pockets (we love pockets!)
Then, to top it all off, we added a Rosie patch at the cross in the back. Because, You Can Do It, girl! …in style.
Knee-pads are sold separately for this product.
- The dark color will hide dirt well and are neutral enough for a "uniform" look. We have called this ambiguous color "Smoke". They are grey, but in certain lights look brown or green.
- Water resistant (600mm)- this means spray will bead off but they are not waterproof. It will give you protection in normal rainy weather for short periods of time.
- Blended fabric of cotton (for breathability and softness) and polyester (for long term wear & tear capability)
- Reinforced nylon knees with a pocket for knee-pads (kneepads not included).
- Double stitched all the way around
- Extra-strength, quick release buckle helps makes for much easier exit/entry than traditional overalls
- Heavy-duty elastic straps help the garment to move with you in comfort as you work
- A thinner bib to make them cooler
- Same flattering fit as our traditional overalls: two side buttons for adjustability, cut to a woman's body shape, flattering cross in the back, wide legs
- We loaded these overalls with tons of pockets:
- A side of leg cargo pocket (great for cell phone or keys) with velcro closure
- A long nylon reinforced pocket for clippers or knife
- 2 hammer loops
- 2 slant pockets at waist
- 2 nylon insertable pockets (that can be tucked inside slant pockets) that are great for seeds or nails
- 2 large pockets on the bib, 1 with velcro closure and 1 with zipper closure, so nothing falls out as you bedn over
- 2 pencil pockets
- A D-ring for hanging sunglasses, safety glasses or reading glasses
- These were made by a new factory for us, that produces the highest-quality workwear we have ever seen. They are WRAP certified, which means they go through an unusually greuling and ongoing review process to make sure they are abiding by prohibition of forced labor, child labor, discrimination, harassment or abuse, and that they have fair hours of work, health & safety conditions, and collective bargaining rights. That matters to us, and we are delighted to be able to partner with them.
To help retain the water-resistant finish, machine wash on cold with a mild detergent (without phosphates or fabric softeners which can break down the finish). Wash dark colors separately, no bleach. Hang dry or machine dry on low.
July 09, 2015
Hello.....this is my personal feedback on the all new smokey overalls that you guys just got in (keep in mind that I am a guy, but that never stopped me from buying a second pair of amazing overalls from you!!) For starters, absolutely love the color and love the water resistant fabric. Love......It. The addition of the pockets are amazing and very useful and find all the new hardware to be great! However, there are subtle differences: for one, I'm 6'2" and use a large. The regular pockets in the front are not as deep as the original ones and I LOVED the deep pockets. The pant legs are slightly longer (which I'm not going to balk about). The bib is slightly bigger (again, not going to balk about it). But I did love the pocket that was on the inside of the bib. Sort of a "secret" pocket that I could stash things in. Also, the waist size is slightly different, too. I have a pair of the tan overalls and I use the tighter buttons on the hips (on both sides) when I wear them. With the new overalls, I have to use the looser buttons on the sides. Not really a complaint about that, they still fit absolutely fine, just noting the differences that I see and therefore pass word on to customers, etc. And I usually am accustomed to one larger hammer loop vs. the two smaller ones (or are they hammer loops?) If not, might want to consider switching to the one larger than the two smaller. But It's not my product and I don't know the reasons behind all the changes : ) All in all, your overalls are AMAZING!!!! And this praise is coming from a guy!!!! Hope that these comments help and I look forward to seeing what Rosie's has in store next!
June 30, 2016
I love love love these overalls! They are so comfy, require NO breaking in because they aren't stiff, and they have SO many pockets! I work at a mine, and they are light weight enough that I don't get too hot! My only problem is I ordered a size too big and I loved them so much I didn't want to return them! Pay attention to their sizes so you don't have the same problem. They're right on! PLUS- these are super easy to wash!